Y’all…. can you fucking believe this is our third January playlist? Since 2016, baby. *Cool guy sunglasses emoji*.
I’ve said it once, twice, a million times before – music is what keeps me going. The more I grow and learn about myself, the more clear this is to me. Through every challenge or triumph, there is a song that correlates to it – one that holds great significance and sentiment. It is powerful, and I often find myself leaning into it.
And not to get all gushy or whatever, but you all really make me happy. Like, really. Throughout the years, people have come and gone. But never once have I gone without support from you – only love and support. And lemme tell you, 2019 is the year I put out the most content you’ve ever seen from me. And why? Because it’s what I love. And it’s a gift to y’all. I wouldn’t be doing this without your encouragement. Thank you. Really, thank you.
Okay, back to the music.
Every month, I tend to just toss every new song I hear into a playlist, and when it’s time to get the post up, I’ll tailor it. Aka, I’ll let go of any song I don’t think belongs on the playlist. Anything I am not obsessed with does not end up on the final cut. So you can always trust – Cody brings bops, and bops only.
For Spotify users, click here.
For those who live under a rock, see playlist below:
- LAUV ft. Troye Sivan – i’m so tired…
- Cub Sport – Summer Lover
- ODESZA ft. Zyra – It’s only
- Kehlani ft. Ty Dolla $ign – Nights Like This
- Chance the Rapper ft. Joey Purp – My Own Thing
- Gesaffelstein ft. The Weeknd – Lost in the Fire
- DVBBS ft. blackbear – IDWK
- Ariana Grande – 7 rings
- BAYNK ft. Glades – Off Limits
- Jorja Smith – The One
- Lana Del Rey – hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have – but I have it
- Khalid – Saved
- Sigrid – Don’t Feel Like Crying
- The Maine – Numb Without You
- Wet, Branchez – 11 Hours remix
- Sam Smith ft. Normani – Dancing With A Stranger
- Stephen Puth – Sexual Vibe
- Chance the Rapper – Work out
Thank you for reading. Thank you for supporting. Thank you for jamming with me.
Talk soon. Xo, Cody J.